Buy a flat in the centre of Ordino
Andorra Sotheby's International Realty has a total of 39 properties to buy in the village of Ordino. We are the real estate agency in Ordino that can offer you the service you need to find the house or flat you are looking for with the maximum satisfaction.
Living in Ordino, the most sought in Andorra
What does Ordino have so everyone wants to live there?
Ordino centre is the prefered town of Andorra to live because of its school, the charm of the town, its location, an unquestionable environment and the virtue of having managed to maintain the essence of the nature together with the economic development of the town.
This great demand raises the standard of living and increases the value of its properties. The prices of the houses in the village of Ordino are higher than those of other localities of the parish.
Under the imposing slope of the Casamanya (it has 2,742m of altitude and is one of the highest peaks of Andorra), Ordino is basically a quiet and residential village, with proximity shops and quality products, to maintain that comfortable harmony that defines it . The good fusion between the oldest and the new constructions, a preserved mountain architecture, the use of stone and wood in its buildings and its natural environment, make life in Ordino a unique atmosphere of satisfaction and tranquility.
The main access to the village of Ordino is through the main road 3 (CG-3), previously crossing the neighboring parish of La Massana. When the track allows it, Ordino can also be reached by crossing the mountain pass that connects Ordino and Canillo along the “Coll d’Ordino”. The CG-3 continues towards the north along the parish valley until reaching the ski center of Ordino-Arcalís (8 km, about 15 minutes by car). There the road traffic ends. Even closer, in La Massana, about 5 minutes away, there is the PAL-VALLNORD ski resort cable-car.
The vast majority of the properties have been built following the same architectural style. Houses covered with stone with slate roofs; thus achieving a better fit and harmony with the nature that surrounds it. Part of the charm of the town goes through the exquisite conservation and maintenance of its streets and facades, replete with floral ornaments and taken care of down to the smallest detail. Among them we can highlight the sculpture located in the center of the town, the “Homage to Andorra” dby the Japanese international artist Toshimitsu Imaï, next to the National Auditorium.
Featured sites in the centre of Ordino
- The National Auditorium of Andorra, by the architect José García de Paredes, is used in the organization of concerts and special events, which brings culture and sophistication to the capital of Ordino. Its interior modern design integrates perfectly with the other constructions. The Narciso Yepes Festival is one of the major events that it welcomes each year.
- The CEO (Sports Center of Ordino), renovated with the most advanced sustainability criteria of the moment for energy efficiency and respect for the environment, offers a swimming pool, SPA area, gymnasium and other sports facilities.
- The newly opened Andorran Secondary School for the Ordino and La Massana residents. A factor to take into account in families with children below this age range.
- The imposing and omnipresent Casamanya mountain is the destination of multiple leisure activities and mountain races. Some of the most important competitions that take place there have as starting and arrival point the town of Ordino, as the famous Andorra UltraTrail:
- The Euforia, of 233 km and in pairs
- The Ronda dels Cims, of 170 km.
- The Mític, of 112 km
- The Celestrail, of 83 km
- The Marató del Cims, of 42 km
- And the Solidari Trail, of 10 km
- Football field of the Football Club Ordino, the high performance centre, and the EFPEM (School of Training of Sports and Mountain Professions).
- The village of Segudet, with vias ferratas, a circuit of ropes.
- La Rossell house in Ordino is documented to be from the XV century. Throughout the modern period it is one of the five houses that has a more important economic and social weight in Andorra and in Ordino, it is the second house after the Areny-Plandolit house. Joan Antoni Fiter i Rossell (1706-1748) is the best-known representative of the Rossell family of Ordino, since he is the author of the Manual Digest de les Valls neutres d'Andorra (1748).
- The Casa Museu d'Areny-Plandolit is one of the most emblematic museums of the country. A seventeenth-century manor house with most of its structures from the mid-nineteenth century, the moment when the family exprienced an economic boom thanks to the figure of Don Guillem de Areny-Plandolit, baron of Senaller and Gramenet. General Trustee of the valleys of Andorra and promoter of the New Reform of 1866, he was one of the owners of the Andorran ironworks, an important industry until the end of the 19th century, when he was displaced by the overhaul of the blast furnaces.
- The Postal Museum, where the historical evolution of the post in Andorra is explained to the visitor, which is full of peculiarities, as a communication system from antiquity to the present day. After that, a philatelic collection of stamps from Andorra since 1928, accompanied by a sample of the process of making stamps, can be contemplated.
- The Miniature Museum houses several micro-miniatures made of gold and other materials, which must be observed with a magnifying glass or microscope. The exhibition on the art of the micro-miniature shows unique examples made by hand from noble materials such as gold and platinum, as well as common materials such as paper, fruit seeds or rice grains. The work of the Ukrainian Nikolai Siadristkyi shows his own vision of art in this artistic modality.
Your real estate agency in Ordino
Andorra Sotheby's International Realty is your real estate agency in Ordino. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about the characteristics of our properties and the places where they are located. In addition, if you are a foreign real estate investor, we have a specialized department that can inform you of all tax advantages and legal requirements to invest in the purchase of a house or property in Ordino.