Buy a house in Pal, Andorra
You may also be interested:
Andorra Sotheby's International Realty has a total of
properties to buy in Pal. We are the real estate agency in Pal that can offer you the service you need to find the house or flat you are looking for with the maximum satisfaction.
This magnificent semi-attached house is located in an idyllic setting, ...
This exclusive property for sale boasts a privileged location in the mi...
This charming rustic villa for sale of 200 m2 built with its large plot...
Living in Pal, an enclave of the past with luxury finishes
Pal is one of those magical villages that remain as intact despite the passage of time and the pressures of modernity. It has been part of a special plan for the protection of traditional architecture since 1997. It is located at an average altitude of around 1560 meters and, in 2017, had an estimated population of 260 inhabitants according to the data from the statistics department of the Principality of Andorra. It is a very quiet residential village located in the western extreme of the country, the last village at CG-4 (main road) before reaching the winter and summer macro complex of Vallnord-Pal. Ski centre in winter, and mecca of the mountain bike in summer.
One of the details that best defines the lifestyle of this small Pyrenean village is that the road, instead of crossing the town, leaves it on the margin, which enables an extra security and tranquility in the streets.
We can clearly distinguish two major main areas. One with the old town, the Romanesque church and the Romanesque Interpretation centre, where the streets and stone walls remind us of the medieval era; and the other, next to it, where there are the urbanization Súper Pal and the last big luxury buildings.
The tranquility in Pal has been improved since the launch of the La Massana cable-car, thus avoiding much of the traffic that was used to climb every winter to the Vallnord ski resort, as well as in the summer, to enjoy the set of leisure activities and mountain biking.
The Pal river divides the two mountain areas and slopes that, along with the surrounding natural environment, are another of the most valued factors in the village.
Featured sites of Pal
- The church of Sant Climent de Pal, or of Sant Climent, rises majestically from the heart of the old village, its bell tower in Lombard style perfectly preserved with three floors of geminated windows with a last floor of double windows . It is considered one of the oldest churches that are currently preservd in the Principality of Andorra, and represents the jewel of the Romanesque in the country. Its construction dates from the end of the eleventh century and the beginning of the seventeenth century, although more recent modifications have been made. The rectangular plant still preserves a large part of the original Romanesque walls.
- In order to understand the entire Romanesque art heritage in Andorra, Pal has the Romanesque Interpretation Centre. A privileged place to discover the evolution of the Romanesque in the hand of authentic pieces that are exposed in the interior along with other support audiovisual resources.
- On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Andorran Social Security, 8 sculptures were distributed throughout the country, which, located in representative places, show a perfect symbiosis between art, nature and the environment. One of them is “Tempesta en una tassa de te” by Dennis Oppenheim, located at Coll de la Botella de Vallnord, parish of La Massana, a few minutes away from Pal. An orientation table also allows to enjoy the beautiful views of the place, accessible by rackets or mountain skis in winter.
- Beyond Coll de la Botella, the road reaches the final stretch of the Andorran territory to become a forest track to the small Catalan village of Tor. The track descends through the Cabús Pass, the formidable open mountain landscapes are the delight of mountain bike and 4x4 excursions lovers.
- It is not possibe to speak of Pal without quoting Vallnord again. An important centre of activities, originally skiing and winter sports, but which in recent years has earned a meritory and outstanding place in the world of mountain biking and descent. The sector of Pal enjoys a special microclimate in winter that allows to practice the king os sports in favourable meteorologically conditions. The station has different base points on the road, allowing easy access from different points and thus diversifying the public according to their levels or preferences. In addition, Pal connects, from the base of Coll de la Botella, to the Arinsal sector through a spectacular 50-seater cable-car.
The most exclusive places
Beyond the two most populated areas, in the middle of the mountains and surrounded by a spectacular natural environment, there are the most privileged areas of Pal. The read, which has an easy and fast access, goes unnoticed for the great majority, favouring in this way the maximum privacy of the few houses and chalets that were built.
Your real estate agency in Pal
Andorra Sotheby's International Realty is your real estate agency in Pal. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about the characteristics of our properties and the places where they are located. In addition, if you are a foreign real estate investor, we have a specialized department that can inform you of all tax advantages and legal requirements to invest in the purchase of a house or property in Pal.
If you are interested in properties from another town in the same parish of La Massana, you can visit the webpages for the purchase of a flat or a house in La Massana.