Buy flats in the village of Canillo
Towns of Canillo
You may also be interested:
Andorra Sotheby's International Realty has a total of 5 properties to buy in the village of Canillo. We are the real estate agency in Canillo that can offer you the service you need to find the house or flat you are looking for with the maximum satisfaction.
Living in Canillo, a magic world in Grandvalira
Canillo is the central urban nucleus of the parish with the same name, a quiet, traditional and active village at the same time, which offers the quality of its facilities and infrastructure to residents and tourists. It is located at an altitude of 1530 meters and the population was around 2,111 inhabitants in 2016.
It can be accessed through the CG-2, leaving behind the neighboring parish of Encamp and entering the Valira d'Orient Valley. The road crosses the town and forms the main street of the village, around which the first buildings and the largest number of shops and restaurants rise. At the entrance there is the most emblematic building of Canillo, the 'Palau de Gel' of Andorra, and just behind it, the most residential area, where the Andorran and French elementary schools are located, and a beautiful park, where the little ones can be entertained, can be found.
Another infrastructure that brings more notoriety to the town of Canillo is the cable-car, on the other side of the river and of the main road, wihch gives direct access to a ski center in winter, Grandvalira, and a recreation and and mountain activities centre in summer, the Mon(t) Magic: Canillo's Family Park, which makes it an attractive place both to live as a resident and to visit on vacation.
There are two other roads that leave from Canillo, apart from the aforementioned main road, which are very interesting as escape routes from the urban center. The Montaup road, which connects with the Coll d'Ordino road, thus joining both towns, and, on the other side of the valley, the Forn road, which is, when the weather is fine, the alternative to the Canillo cable-car.
Featured sites in Canillo and the outskirts
- The Canillo building and cable-car offers the privilege of living at the foot of Grandvalira, the largest ski center in the Pyrenees. A cable-car which is also open in summer to enjoy multiple leisure, adventure and mountain activities with the family.
- The “Palau de Gel” is another of the sports facilities open all year. Apart from the main activities of an Olympic ice rink (skating, hockey, curling, karting and other children's activities), there is also a heated swimming pool, a gym, and squash and tennis court. Together with the bar-restaurant and the playground, it is a meeting point and an economic engine of the town.
- The Montaup road is a mountain pass that crosses to Ordino. It has spectacular views of the valley that culminate in the recently opened Roc del Quer Viewpoint. The highest point of the road is the starting point to one of the most popular mountain routes in Andorra, which takes you to the top of the Casamanya, one of the highest peaks in the country of 2,742 m. of altitude.
- As in other rural and urban landscapes of Andorra, near the Roc del Quer Viewpoint the work “Self-generating structures” by Jorge Dubon can be found, a symbol of the will of man facing the immensity of the mountains, an artistic sculpture that merges, once more in Andorra, art, contemporaneity and territory.
- The church of the village is Sant Serni de Canillo, a Romanesque construction of the twelfth century with a considerable share of the current Baroque building of the senventeenth and eighteenth centuries. The ermitage of the Santa Creu de Canillo, from the same period and protected as well of cultural interest, can be also found.
- Leaving Canillo by the CG-2 towards France, near the junction towards the town of “El Vilar”, the church of Sant Joan de Caselles and the Motorcycle Museum can be visited; and a little further up there is the Canillo's climbing wall.
- A large number of vías ferratas, where to live new experiences of height as a couple, with friends or in family, are commonly found in the surroundings of Canillo:
- Vía ferrata de la canal de El Grau
- Vía ferrata de Racons
- Vía ferrata del Roc del Quer (very direct)
- Vía ferrata de la canal de Mora 1 and 2*
Your real estate agency in Canillo
Andorra Sotheby's International Realty is your real estate agency in Canillo. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about the characteristics of our properties and the places where they are located. In addition, if you are a foreign real estate investor, we have a specialized department that can inform you of all tax advantages and legal requirements to invest in the purchase of a house or property in Canillo. If you are interested in buying a flat or buying a house in another village of the parish of Canillo, check the webpages from the previous links.