Houses in Nagol, Andorra
Andorra Sotheby's International Realty has a total of 0 properties to buy in the village of Nagol. We are the real estate agency in Nagol that can offer you the service you need to find the house or flat you are looking for with the maximum satisfaction.
Living in Nagol, the best views of the Sant Julià de Lòria valley
Located in the northeast of the parish of Sant Julià de Lòria and with only 64 inhabitants (figure collected by the Department of Statistics of the Government of Andorra), the village of Nagol is, along with Llumeneres and Bixessarri, one of the smallest population centres of the Lauredian parish. With an altitude that exceeds in some places 1040 meters, the village of Nagol offers some privileged views to the village of Sant Julià de Lòria, which is just below, at an altitude that is just over 900 meters high.
To reach this small town, which is just over 5 minutes away by car from the centre of the Lauredian parish, you must drive through the Main Road (CG1) or cross the Tàpia tunnel and, once you have passed the main roundabout of the centre of the parish, you must take the road that is next to the Tourist Office and which connects with Nagol and Certers. At this point, it is important not to confuse this road with the one just before, also on the right, which connects Sant Julià with Aixirivall, Juberri and Naturlandia, respectively.
Once in Nagol, the most surprising are the fantastic views to the valley of Sant Julià de Lòria, as well as the incredible natural environment that surrounds the entire village which discerns from the moment when we start going through the road that connects with this village. As if this were not enough, Nagol not only stands out as one of the most beautiful villages in Andorra, with a rustic essence perfectly integrated in the environment, but also as one of the best places for those who want to reside in Andorra with the utmost tranquility and privacy. Living in Nagol is, therefore, synonymous with doing it in a very quiet place, a space that invites you to disconnect and enjoy the nature that makes this village a unique place in Andorra.
Sant Serni de Nagol, one of the most emblematic churches in Andorra
The village of Nagol is best known, without a doubt, because it is home to, one of the most emblematic churches in the whole Principality: the Church of Sant Serni de Nagol. Located at a strategic point from where the entire valley of Sant Julià de Lòria is dominated, the church of Sant Serni de Nagol is characterized by being a small dimensions construction, which maintains at all times the typical architectural standards of Andorran Romanesque sanctuaries: rectangular nave with wooden cover and semicircular apse.
Although there are many Romanesque churches in Andorra, Sant Serni de Nagol is one of the most special ones in the Principality, as it houses one of the oldest Romanesque murals in Andorra. Discovered in 1978, these paintings represent figures of unidentified saints, angels adoring the Agnus Dei, as well as different figures that symbolize the struggle between good and evil. Although the murals are the most important element, the interior of the church of Sant Serni de Nagol also stands out for hosting a Romanesque cross and two Gothic altarpieces dedicated to the titular saint and to Sant Martí.
Regarding the origins of the church, today we know, thanks to the National Archives of Andorra, that the church of Sant Serni de Nagol was consecrated in 1055 by the bishop of La Seu d'Urgell, Guillem Guilfredo. This data helps us understand the lack of exterior decoration in the church of Sant Serni de Nagol, since at the time of the consecration of the building the Lombard influence had not yet spread through the Andorran territory.
Featured sites in Nagol
- Sant Serni de Nagol Viewpoint: located just next to the church of Sant Serni de Nagol, this viewpoint offers incredible views to the entire valley of Sant Julià de Lòria, as well as information related to the main mountains and the fauna and flora from the area. Installed in 2015 by the Comú de Sant Julià de Lòria (local government), the Sant Serni de Nagol viewpoint is part, along with the Canòlich Sanctuary, Coll de la Plana, Coll de Jou and Prats de la Farga viewpoints, of the various viewpoints that are distributed throughout the territory of the Lauredian parish.
- Church of Sant Serni de Nagol: cconsecrated in 1055 by the bishop of La Seu d'Urgell, Guillem Guilfredo, the Romanesque church of Sant Serni de Nagol houses in the interior one of the oldest wall paintings of the Principality . Discovered in 1978, these paintings represent figures of unidentified saints, angels adoring the Agnus Dei, as well as different figures that symbolize the struggle between good and evil. Apart from the unique murals, another unique aspect from this church is the lack of exterior decoration, since at the time of the consecration of the building, the influence of Lombardy had not yet spread throughout the Andorran territory.
- Sant Martí de Nagol Church: together with the church of Sant Serni, the Church of Sant Martí de Nagol is another of the most emblematic places in this small town. Declared a Cultural Good of National Interest, this small church stands out due to its unique location, just above a cliff, in a rocky protrusion that dominates the valley of Sant Julià de Lòria. Dated from the eleventh century, the Church of Sant Martí de Nagol is characterized by rather small dimensions, with a rectangular plan and semicircular apse, of simple construction. Regarding its origin, in 1048 it was first mentioned in an official document of the Lauredian parish. The current image of this church is the result of the restoration work carried out in 1981 by the Cultural Heritage services of Andorra. These restoration works involved two different excavations, which not only served to recover part of the original altar, but also to discover ceramic remains, coins and even a necropolis.
- Casa Beal: After more than a century of interruption, the Casa Beal winery, which belongs to the Visa-Tor family, has reactivated the production of top quality completely Andorra wines. Founded in 1988, this family winery, located in Nagol, has written an important page in the history of the Andorran wine sector, producing the first wine of the Principality in the tty-first century: “Cim de Cel”. This wine, of the highest quality, has not only obtained an excellent international welcome, generating excellent criticisms of critics, but has also highlighted by its unique flavor and aroma, with a perfect balance between the sugars that make it up and the acidity of the grape juice. Apart from the “Cim de Cel” wine, which undoubtedly is the star product of Beal House, the winery also offers other high quality gourmet products such as Foie Gras Gelée or the coveted black truffle.
- Els Vespres d'estiu: along with Auvinyà and Aixirivall, the village of Nagol is another of the locations chosen to represent the different works that are part of the celebration of the 17th edition of Els Vespres d'Estiu. Fully consolidated in the cultural calendar of Sant Julià de Lòria, the program of this initiative includes micro-theater performances, dance performances, concerts and guided tours to the most remote villages of the parish.
- Trial territory: despite being a small population, Nagol not only hosts important cultural events such as Els Vespres d'Estiu, but it also hosts internationally renowned sports events. A good example was the celebration of the third event of the Trial World Championship that, for the first time, took place at Nagol, welcoming pilots as different as the resident Toni Bou, Matteo Grattarola or Adam Raga. Precisely, the pilot Toni Bou, who resides in Andorra, has found in the Principality a real paradise to make the most of his passion. This conenction with the Pyrenean country has led him promote the creation of the “Toni Bou Territory”, a training space located at 1,600 meters high of Naturlandia, with unique facilities for the practice of trial, both in indoors and outdoors.
- Tomb Lauredià: considered one of the most popular hiking itineraries in Andorra, the Tomb Lauredià offers incredible views of Sant Julià de Lòria and, at the same time, allows to know in depth small villages belonging to the parish, such as Aixirivall and Nagol. Of low difficulty, this route, which starts at the centre of the parish of Sant Julià de Lòria (Plaça de la Germandat), is ideal for families. Apart from the fantastic views that can be contemplated during practically all the route, Tomb Lauredià is also a perfect plan Romanesque architecture lovers, as it offers the chance to discover the chapels of Sant Serni and Sant Martí de Nagol.
Your real estate agency in Nagol
Andorra Sotheby's International Realty is your real estate agency in Nagol. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about the characteristics of our properties and the places where they are located. In addition, if you are a foreign real estate investor, we have a specialized department that can inform you of all tax advantages and legal requirements to invest in the purchase of a house or property in Nagol.
If you have decided to establish your residence in Andorra and you are interested in buying a flat or buying a house in Nagol or in other villages in the parish of Sant Julià de Lòria, do not hesitate to click on the links above.